Ben Veenbrink of The Stadium Consultancy was appointed managing director of Euroborg N.V., the owner of the Euroborg Stadium. The Euroborg Stadium is the home of Dutch Premier League club FC Groningen since 2006. It is a 22,500 capacity mixed use stadium, also consisting of:
- underground parking (1,000 spaces);
- vocational school (1,400 students);
- multiplex cinema (10 screens);
- casino (2,000 m2 GLA.);
- restaurant (500 m2 GLA.); and
- commercial offices (5,000 m2 GLA).
Ben joined the project 6 months before commissioning. After being responsible for commissioning of the stadium and implementing various changes to improve the operability of the building, he succeeded the project director and became managing director of the company. He reports directly to the board and shareholder.
His responsibilities include:
- commissioning and handover of the stadium;
- asset management;
- contract management;
- managing modifications and extensions to the building.